IT'S JUST ME...

Sunday, January 1, 2012

baby shower catch up!

I know, I know..we are WELL overdue for an update on here. It's unacceptable that I haven't done it in two months. Honestly, I think about it every couple of days, and KNOW that I need to just sit down and do it, and of course I don't. My energy level is pretty depleted by the end of the day these days, and composing a blog entry is usually the last thing I want to do. It's just so much easier sitting on the couch, zoning out in front of the TV. But with less than four weeks to go in this pregnancy, its time to play catch up!

I don't even know where I left off..Thanksgiving? The weekend after Thanksgiving was my baby shower. My mom and sister threw it for me, and it was lovely. They worked hard on it, and even threw in a couple surprises for me. If you know me, you know I'm pretty tough to surprise -- but they pulled it off! One being a fun little game involving Ryan. My sister video taped him, asking him a series of questions about babies and a few other random questions, then had me answer how I thought he would respond. I loved it! I think that Ryan, being the clown that he is, got some laughs out of the crowd as well!



We had a great turn out for the shower, and are SO thankful for everyone that took the time to be there, and even the ones who couldn't, that still acknowledged us in some way. Everyone's generosity towards our little girl is greatly appreciated! She's not even here yet, and so many people already love her. It's a great feeling.

In fact, this whole pregnancy, we've experienced nothing but positive words and support from our friends and family, and it's been awesome! We can partly thank technology for that one (ie; facebook) but thats okay, because its the best way to reach out to a bunch of people at one time. What DID people do before the existence of social networking?! :)




Next up, was Christmas. We spent it in Erie with my family, and had a good time. We were spoiled again by our family -- both near AND far. We are blessed, thats for sure. It's weird to think it was our last Christmas without kids. But I know that next year, even though she'll only be about 10 months old, the holidays are still going to be given a whole new meaning. I'm looking forward to it :)


We rang in our last kid-free New Year's Eve in a low key fashion -- which was completely okay. After Ryan got off of work, we headed to our favorite Mexican restaurant for dinner. Afterwards, we swung by the store to pick up some sparkling grape juice (oh yea, high rollers!) and then headed home to relax on the couch until midnight. Once midnight rolled around, we watched the ball drop, then headed to sleep shortly after that. Party animals! ;)



2011 was a great year. Many ups, a few downs, but all in all, it was good to us. I am looking forward to welcoming 2012 in, and all of the wonderful blessings yet to come.

No comments:

Post a Comment