IT'S JUST ME...

Tuesday, July 13, 2010

I went home to Erie this past weekend, and had a pretty good time! It was also a successful trip because Mom and I got a few things done for the wedding. My bridal shower is coming up very quickly here, so we had to finish up addressing all of the invites (I had already filled them out throughout the week -- all 70, ouch!!) to get them in the mail. We also accomplished picking up some of the table decor for the reception, bought my wedding invitations and ordered stuff for the shower favors. With just 87 days until the "big day" -- things are moving quickly!!

Aside from the wedding stuff, I saved some one-on-one time with my nephew, Joe :) I rarely get to just take him out, just him and I. So, I told my sister ahead of time that I was going to take him out for a few hours. We headed out early on Saturday with our destination being Waldameer. Upon arrival, I discovered that the park did not open until 1pm. It was just turning 10am. Awesome. So, I made the quick decision to head up to the mall to check out the pet store, then go from there. As soon as we got there, Joe spotted the section of ride on toys in the middle of the mall, so of course he had to climb all over them! Aunt Katie was out of quarters, which was just as well because Joe didn't care. He had a blast either way! We also hit up "Build-A-Bear", which we thought he might be a little too young for -- but he proved us wrong! He was awesome there, and had a good time "creating" his teddy bear he picked out. Which, by the way, he named "Gene"

The rest of the weekend was spent with the family, between doing more wedding things and just hanging out. I never got to make it down to the Peninsula, which is a shame because its absolutely one of my favorite places to be during the summer <3

No comments:

Post a Comment